Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Blog Purpose


So, the purpose of this blog is twofold. First of all, it is for my Writing 150 class, and as such will often have posts that will not make sense to people not in my class.

The main topic I want to cover in this blog has to do with my extensive knowledge of Science Fiction and Fantasy literature. My goal is to post thoughts/opinions/reviews about the new books I read, or if I have not had time to read a new book, to post about a book I have previously read.

While my general knowledge of Science Fiction and Fantasy literature is extensive, I have an even greater knowledge of Star Wars literature. Of all the books on this list, I have read roughly 90% of them.


I will attempt to post at least one book review a week, but please be patient with me if it does not happen...

7 comments:

  1. I have read an enormous number of the books on that list as well; I have read every single Star Wars book written by Jude Waston as well as many others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like science fiction, so it will be nice to get reviews on books that I can read to help me pick out the ones that are good, or that spike my interest. Though I do warn you that I am picky, but if any of your book reviews spike my interest and I read the book I will definitely let you know of my opinion after I read the book also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! One book per week? Thats awsome I couldn't do that at all. Have your read Enders Game and the Shadow series? Those are my favorite and I think you might enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could probably count the number of science fiction books that I've read on one hand. I think that's because my natural instinct when I feel like reading a book is to grab a Jane Eyre type book which is totally different from science fiction. I just don't know if I could really get into it. So I'm interested to see if your book reviews could change my mind and possibly read more of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I love reading, science fiction, and star wars, so this sounds like a fun blog. It will also be very useful in helping me decide which books I would like to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with Jennifer. I absolutely love to read but my first choice is hardly ever scifi. But maybe your views could provide a means for a new found love of scifi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude you are my new best blog to read. I'm currently on a venture to read the entire saga, but of course that will take a while. May the Force be with you.

    ReplyDelete